- Develop and assess new, digital curriculum materials for middle school science classes that focus on genomics (including gene-environment interaction) and evolution
- Promote engagement and genomic literacy among students, families and the community by developing and assessing a partnership model linking schools, community-based organizations, museums, libraries and academic institutions.
- Promote racial and ethnic diversity in the science community by stimulating interest in science careers and narrowing the achievement gap in science; and
- Disseminate the curriculum and models for the out-of-school activities through the project web site, publications and presentations.
This project supports our goals in promoting diversity in the science community by stimulating interest in science careers and narrowing the achievement gap in science for underrepresented minorities and women.
- Dr. Jesse Kilgore, former assistant superintendent of Flint Community Schools.