Applications are invited for four post-doctoral (fixed term) research associates in the CREATE for STEM Institute at Michigan State University. The successful candidate(s) will provide leadership for all aspects of three research projects housed in CREATE (Collaborative Research in Education, Assessment and Teaching Environments).
Responsibilities include working in coordination with the director of CREATE and other faculty to:
* develop, implement and revise curriculum materials for 6 – 12 science education
* support the design and development of research
* design, develop and implement professional development with both urban and suburban schools and teachers, which encompass a broad spectrum of socio-economic backgrounds
* developing assessments of student learning
* collecting, organizing and analyzing data
* provide management and leadership for assigned project
* work with team to plan and write reports, conference papers and journal articles that disseminate the research
* make presentations at regional and national conferences.
The candidates will collaborate with faculty, post-docs, and graduate students in Michigan State's CREATE4STEM Institute (http://www.create4stem.msu.edu/).
The appointments are initially for one year, with the possibility of extension based on performance and the availability of funding. Appointment is contingent upon successfully completing a full background check.
Candidates are expected to hold a Ph.D. in STEM or STEM education.
Candidates who hold a Ph.D. in Science Education with a strong background in a science discipline are preferred. Additionally, candidates with curriculum development and project management experience, knowledge of mixed-methods research, and experience in secondary science teaching are highly preferred.
Please inquire with Sue Carpenter (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding status. The start date is negotiable but with a preference for August 1, 2017.
MSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities.