The STEM Education Coalition hosted an event on February 3, 2021, that focused on STEM education as it relates to K-12 and higher education, workforce development, diversity and inclusion, and both formal and informal learning environments. Other invited panelists were:
- James Brown, Executive Director, STEM Education Coalition (Moderator)
- Kevin Anderson, President, Council of State Science Supervisors
- Kathleen Martinez, Senior Director, Global Education and Employability
- Shanda Hinton, Global Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Executive, Raytheon Technologies
- Laveta Willis-Hale, Executive Director, Arkansas Afterschool Network
The coalition is charged with setting federal policies; recently finalized priorities will focus on equity and inclusion in STEM education, learning recovery in the STEM disciplines due to COVID, and increasing the STEM workforce. Read the Coalition's 2021 priorities.
A recording of the webinar is available here.