Work-in-Progress Brown Bags will give faculty, fellows, students and collaborators associated with CREATE for STEM Institute and/or Michigan State University an opportunity to introduce or present the latest work on their current STEM education research (K-16) and receive feedback in a casual setting.
Fall term schedule is as follows [12:00 -1:15 p.m.]:
- Sep 10 JT Laverty and Becky Matz: "Developing an Observation Protocol as a Measure of Departmental Change"
- Sep 24 Thomas Deits: "Making – an Enabling Technology for STEM Engagement?"
- Oct 8 Angie Calabrese Barton, Myung Shin and Christina Restrepo Nazar (TE); Day Greenberg (EPET), Danny Caballero (Physics), & Edna Tan (UNCG): "Underrepresented Middle School Youth Becoming Community Engineering Experts"
- Oct 29 Frances Harper: "Preparing Lessons and Naming Strategies toward Teaching Mathematics for Social Justice"
- Dec 3 Sonia Underwood: Title tbd
We hope to see you there!